- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potato peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- any leftover veggies
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 small head kale chopped
Heat the coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until transluscent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, turmeric and grated ginger with more oil.
Add the carrots, potato, zucchini, veggies and garlic and continue sauteeing, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but still al dente, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and cover. Cook at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 – 40 minutes (ideally one hour). Add kale. Taste soup for flavor and add more sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!