- 1 bunch coriander shredded
- ½ bunch parsley shredded
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 cup freekah (or cracked wheat)
- ½ cup lentils
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- ½ cup currants
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds toasted and ground
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Blanch freekah/cracked wheat in boiling water both just cooked.
2. Drain well and allow to cool.
3. Mix the yoghurt, cumin and honey till combined.
4. In a medium bowl place the coriander, parsley, red onion, freekah, puy lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well, season to taste.
5. Add the yoghurt mixture on top just before serving or serve it on the side.